Have you had a chance to use Hilton Honors points pooling to share points with family and friends? Did you even know it was possible to pool and share Hilton Honors points? Some hotel loyalty programs restrict who we can transfer points to or charge restrictive fees while others outright restrict it, that’s not the case with Hilton.
In 2017 when the Hilton Honors program was “revamped”, many of the changes were negative, but points pooling was one of the positive new features added to the program. Points pooling gives family and friends the option to transfer points into one account for sharing towards an award redemption. Your bucket list of Hilton properties is within reach when you pool points. It’s a relatively easy and simple process with few caveats.
- You can send 500,000 points per calendar year
- You can receive 2,000,000 points per calendar year
- Points are transferred in 1,000 point increments
- You can receive points from up to ANY 10 members (not just family members at the same address)
- There are no fees for pooling the points
- You can join as many pools as you’d like
- You do not need to create a new “pooled” account. Use your existing account
- Status cannot be pooled
- Pooling points does not count as a qualified account activity to stop your points from expiring
The Basics: How to Set Up Points Pooling
1. Send a Pooling Request
Go to this link and sign in. On the pool points request page you’ll enter the name and email address of the Hilton Honors member you’re pooling with.
2. Transferring Points
Once the invites go out to join your “pool party”, you’ll receive a confirmation email and your invitees will also receive an email. Now your accounts are linked and the pooling can begin.
The transfer option appears by clicking on “Points” on the Hilton homepage and then clicking on “Buy, Gift, Pool & Transfer” on the left sidebar. Once there, click “Transfer” and you will see the transfer screen. You’ll be asked to enter their information (name, email address, and Hilton Honors account number).
The points pooling option within the Hilton Honors program is a win for those of us looking to use points for our award night stays. The process is easy, works with giving and receiving, and after all, who doesn’t enjoy a good pool party?
Shelli Stein is a health and fitness entrepreneur who travels the world in search of culture, food, and fun! Besides contributing to PointMeToThePlane, you can find her at Joy in Movement.