Inviting beaches, paradise for sportsmen, rendezvous for romance under sunny skies, this is the lure of the West along the golden shores of California. Ambassador Flight 93 for Los Angeles now departing
Have you checked out this TWA advertisement promoting their Super Lockheed Constellation service to California? The video takes you back to a completely different and amazing time in aviation. Some of my favorite lines:
- When the trim smiling hostesses appears in the doorway, you know everything is ship shape on board!
- First flight or 50, there is no excitement quite like it, a novelty that never wears off.
- The sounds and sights that spell modern age in transportation. It’s a wonderful feeling you get as you board your plane, no matter who you are something happens to you inside and makes you feel, well sort of sorry for those who are going to be left behind.
- A warm welcome from the pretty girl in the trim uniform, always on call to lend a hand. cheerful smiling service for everyone on board.
- Cruising at 300 mph, a steady course due west. And now, meal time an always welcome part of air travel. As part of the service of course, a full meal, soup, meat, salad, vegetables, dessert, coffee, milk, or tea. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, served hot from special galley equipment.
- Only a matter of hours from home to California, it was almost too goo to be true, but it was true!
As per Specialty Press – On October 19, 1953, Ambassador Flight 2, an overnight service from Los Angeles to New York-Idlewild, operated with the Model 1049 Super Constellation, which could barely cover the distance in less than eight hours; it was scheduled for 7 hours 55 minutes. Prevailing winds would not permit a westbound flight within the time constraint, so a 15-minute stop was made at Chicago for a crew change with no local traffic allowed.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.