The current 60,000 Membership Rewards points offer for spending $4,000 within six months on the American Express® Gold Card is the most generous offer ever for this card! As long as you have not had the Amex Gold Card or the Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card, you are eligible to receive the bonus! Of course, the points will combine with any other Membership Rewards points that you may have. Better yet, since the card is a charge card and not a credit card, it does NOT count towards your American Express credit card limit.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points on Restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
The benefits on this card are great!
This card was relaunched with exciting new benefits in 2018. A huge benefit of this card is that you’ll earn 4x points at restaurants globally and US supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X) while earning 3x points on airfare booked directly with airlines. There is an annual fee of $250 (See Rates & Fees), but most of it is a wash when you consider that you’ll receive $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth’s Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Early next year, this card will be getting a new $120 annual Uber credit. That’s $240 in credits. For those with a Platinum Card, this benefit will work similar to the Uber credit you receive for that card. You’ll get a $10 monthly credit valid towards U.S. Uber rides and Uber Eats purchases.
The current welcome bonus is double the standard 30,000 Membership Rewards points public offer.
For more details or to apply, check out this link.
The latest sign-up bonus for this card could be worth up to 225,000 Membership Rewards points. You’ll earn 75,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $5,000 within six months. Then add the second part of the offer – earn 10x points at U.S. gas stations and U.S. supermarkets on up to $15,000 in combined purchases during your first six months of card membership. Like the Gold Card above, you won’t be approved if you currently have the card or have had it in the past.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Let’s start out with the cost, it’s $550 a year (See Rates & Fees)! Yes, that sounds outrageous but you make up the initial outlay quickly. The card includes a $200 airline fee credit per year and Global Entry registration, which normally costs $100. You’ll also receive a $200 Annual Uber Credit ( $15 credit per month and $35 in December) and $100 Annual Saks credit. Other perks include Marriott Gold status, Hilton Gold status, and GoGo and Boingo wifi access while traveling. Plus through the end of the year you’ll also receive $20 per month on US cell phone bills, $20 per month on US streaming services and some members will receive a $200 credit towards a purchase made at Amex Travel
See full details for The Platinum Card® from American Express
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.