While business class flights from the US to Europe have gotten less expensive over the years, direct flights to major cities can still be expensive. This fare is around the $2000 mark which while it may seem steep, is actually a great deal for a direct flight between Los Angeles and Paris on Air France.
Breaking It Down:
- Where: Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC) to Paris (CDG) roundtrip (either nonstop, or connecting in Amsterdam either way or both ways)
- When: Limited dates in December, early next year through April
- How Much: As low as $2068 on Air France, KLM or a combination of the two
- Why: Great business class fare, especially when combined with the Amex offer. Also, Paris is beautiful around the holidays.
- How To Book: For the lowest fares, click here and search for trips or use Google Flights
Nonstop in Both Directions: LAX-CDG-LAX Earn 17,000 Delta MQM’s and $4,535 Delta MQD’s
Single Amsterdam connection in either direction: LAX-CDG-AMS-LAX Earn 17,622 Delta MQM’s and $4,699 Delta MQD’s
Connect in Amsterdam in both directions: LAX-AMS-CDG-AMS-LAX Earn 18,236 Delta MQM’s and $4,862 Delta MQD’s
Crediting Flights For Miles
Use a tool like WhereToCredit to determine where you should put those well-earned butt-in-seat miles. As mentioned above, credit to Delta SkyMiles may make sense if you’re looking for a boatload of MQM and MQDs.
Best Ways to Maximize Your Purchase
Besides the miles you would earn with the airline directly for actually flying, you can also earn points for spending on credit cards. These are some of the cards that offer bonuses for purchasing airfare.
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card – 2x Ultimate Rewards points on travel (directly with airline or OTA)
- The Platinum Card® from American Express – 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked (directly with airline or Amex Travel)
- If you’re taking advantage of the AMEX offer for 20,000 Membership Rewards points, you would earn a whopping 30,000 Membership Rewards points + miles directly with the airline
- The Chase Sapphire Reserve – 3x Ultimate Rewards points on travel (directly with airline or OTA)
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.