One of Delta’s most popular new non-stop routes, Brisbane, Australia (BNE) to Camp Springs, Maryland (ADW)!
Well, not exactly but Delta did operate a charter for press members who had accompanied President Obama on his Asian / Australian tour last week.
The Delta 777 -200LR supposedly had more than 200 empty seats and completed the journey in 16 hours and 24 minutes, landing at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland a little before 2AM on Monday morning. The total mileage was 9,486, almost 1,000 miles further than the current longest commercial passenger flight – Qantas’ SYD-DFW flight (8,578 miles). You can check out the flight track here and the associated airliners.net thread here.
- The New World’s Longest Flights
- Singapore Airlines Trip Report – Newark to Singapore Business Class – The World’s Longest Flight (Retired #1)
- Delta ATL-JNB Trip Report (#2)
- My First Shower in the Sky – A380 Experience LAX-DXB (preview, full trip report coming soon) (#3)
- Cathay Pacific First Class Trip Report (#7) *Trip report for YVR, JFK report coming soon.
- Boeing to Build World’s Longest-Range Passenger Jet
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.