Quick hits for Sunday night:
- Lufthansa 50,000 mile offer expires tonight – Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase & earn an additional 30,000 award miles after spending $5,000 or more in purchases in the first 90 days of opening your account.
- Federal regulators slapped Delta with a $750,000 fine Wednesday for not compensating passengers bumped from flights. The U.S. Department of Transportation said Delta had not sought volunteers willing to relinquish their seat on oversold flights, a common industry practice aimed at mitigating the large number of people who miss flights they have booked. The interesting part is the remedy Delta negotiated with federal regulators: $425,000 of the fine will go for the airline to buy tablet devices to record what happens when a flight is oversold and the hunt for volunteers begins. It’s the first time a DOT consent order has included tablet purchases to help an airline comply with the rules, department spokesman Bill Mosley said in an e-mail.
- Can Delta Discriminate Against Overweight Flight Attendants? Q. The EEOC says obesity is a disability. I’m running an airline and to save fuel I want to reject large flight attendants. Legal? A. That practice might be thrown out on disparate impact grounds—if more male applicants are affected.
- 7 Things Your Flight Attendant Wants You to Know
- Cheers as Passenger Punches Flight Attendant
- What Do Flight Attendants Think of You…and your requests?
- Ten Shocking Secrets of Flight Attendants..and other fun posts & pics
- How Much Do Singapore Airlines Flight Attendants Get Paid for Providing Great Service?
- 7 Things Never to Say to Flight Attendants
- Say What? Overheard on the Plane Edition 28 – Crazy Things Passengers Say to Flight Attendants
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.