If you have seen the images of what Hurricane Sandy has done to the East Coast over the last few days, and want to help out by making a donation, here’s your chance.
- United: United will award 250 bonus award miles for donations of $50-99, and 500 bonus award miles for donations of $100 or more to the American Red Cross, AmeriCares, or Feeding America. They are also matching the first $50,000 in donations to those organizations. There appears to be a $5 fee when donating to the Red Cross.
- American Airlines: Through November 30, 2012, AAdvantage members can earn a one-time award of 250 AAdvantage bonus miles for a minimum $50 donation, or 500 AAdvantage bonus miles for a donation of $100 or more to the American Red Cross.
- Hilton: Global Giving
- Marriott: Lend a Helping Hand
- Starwood: To support relief efforts, SPG is matching all Starpoints donations made to the American Red Cross through November 30, 2012, without limitations. SPG members worldwide have been given the opportunity to donate, beginning at 2,000 Starpoints. All donations, including SPG matches, will be converted to cash to support emergency relief efforts. To learn more or take part, please visit spg.com.
- US Bank FlexPerks: If you have a US Bank Flex Perks card then all charity expenditures should earn 3x points, so you could potentially stack this with the bonus from United or American, or take advantage of the 3x to donate to the charity of your choice.
Donating Miles – There are several ways to donate your American, Delta, United, and US Airways miles to your favorite charity as well as earn further donations just by searching the internet as you normally would. Check out this post for further details.
The Salvation Army, also accept donations of airline miles (Salvation Army accepts United and Delta miles).
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.