Google announced several major updates this morning to one of my most used apps – Google Maps. The iOS and Android versions now include Uber as an option along with the estimated trip time when you check public transit and walking directions. Still never tried Uber? The current sign up offer is a $30 credit for new riders when being refereed . Additionally, the person who refers you will receive a free trip up to $30. This is my referral link if you want to use it, as always your support is greatly appreciated!
Other new features include:
• Turn-by-turn navigation now gives lane guidance and quick access to route overview
• View travel time, distance, and estimated arrival all at once in navigation mode
• Save offline maps to a custom list for when you’re traveling or have a slow connection
• Transit results now display total walking time of your trip and the next scheduled bus or train
• Filter search results for restaurants, bars and hotels by rating, price, opening hours, and more
• Sign in to see your “Places to review” list from recently saved or searched-for places
Things you’ve been asking for
• Access your iPhone or iPad contacts directly from the Google Maps app
• Tap and hold anywhere on the map to drop a pin, save and share that location
• Search without typing using Google Voice Search
• Scale bar to estimate distances on the map
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.