New York’s LaGuardia Airport (LGA) is undergoing a massive multi-billion dollar revamp that will last for several more years. On the plus side, parts of the gorgeous new Terminal B have already been opened, including new lounges.
Traveling to and from LaGuardia remains a nightmare though. If you need another reason not to take a taxi from LaGuardia, here’s a good one:
Taxi stands are being relocated during peak times at the airport’s main complex of Terminals B, C, and D. Taxi riders are required to take a 15 minute shuttle bus (or longer, depending on traffic) to a taxi stand near Terminal A (Marine Air Terminal). The only airline at Terminal A is JetBlue.
That means if you want to take a cab into town from LaGuardia (and are not flying JetBlue), you’ll have to do the following.
- Wait for a shuttle bus.
- Ride the shuttle bus through congested LGA traffic.
- Wait in the taxi stand at Terminal A.
- Ride your cab again through traffic.
Will This Affect Rideshares Like Uber And Lyft?
Thankfully, no. If you need to take a car into Manhattan or elsewhere in New York City, using a rideshare app is the way to go. Here is how you find your ride for each terminal at LaGuardia:
- For Terminal A (Marine Air Terminal), head directly outside from arrivals or baggage claim.
- For Terminal B, exit from the upper level. Follow the green “Car Services” signs to the blue covered walkway (only about a 5 minute walk) on level 2.
- For Terminals C and D, head directly outside on the departures level.
Need tips on how to get to Manhattan from JFK Airport? We’ve got you covered there too.
Rideshare Companies At LaGuardia
If you haven’t taken a ride with any of these companies, feel free to use my referral code for credit towards your first ride (and I’ll get ride credit too). Via is not as commonly known, but I actually find their pricing for shared rides to be some of the lowest in and around New York City.
- Uber: $2 off your first 3 Uber rides
- Lyft: $5 off your first Lyft ride
- Via: $10 off your first Via ride
- Juno: 30% off your Juno rides for a month
Whatever you do, avoid taking a taxi from LaGuardia in the near future, especially during peak hours.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.