Delta’s SkyMiles program has earned the reputation as being one of the worst loyalty programs in the industry in terms of award redemptions (though I’ve had fantastic luck this year), but I firmly believe that their on-board service is the best amongst US carriers. I usually redeem miles within my US based programs for partner awards on foreign carriers, but this trip report covers my return to Delta operated aircraft on LHR-JFK aboard a 767-400ER. I think I enjoyed the flight more so than my Virgin Atlantic flight from EWR-LHR on the outbound (granted this was a morning flight and an older plane without several of the normal Virgin perks).
This is the final section of a fourteen part trip report from my travels to the UK, Malta, and Mallorca. This report includes my Delta Airlines BusinessElite London Heathrow (LHR) – JFK flight.
- Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Newark (EWR)
- Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Newark (EWR)- London Heathrow (LHR) on Delta SkyMiles!
- Star Alliance Business Class Lounge: Terminal 1, London Heathrow
- Lufthansa Economy Class London Heathrow (LHR) – Munich (MUC) – Malta (MLA) – Frankfurt (FRA) – LHR
- Lufthansa Senator Lounge Munich – Terminal 2, level 4, departures G, opposite gate G28
- Lufthansa Business Lounge B Frankfurt – Terminal 1, departure area B (Non-Schengen)
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta
- Monarch Airlines Economy London Luton (LTN) – Palma de Mallorca (PMI) – LTN using Avios!
- Beach House by Meliá, Magaluf Beach in Calviá
- Le Méridien Piccadilly, London, UK
- Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford, Surrey, UK
- Hilton London Paddington, London, UK
- SkyTeam Lounge London Heathrow (LHR) Terminal 4
- Delta Airlines BusinessElite London Heathrow (LHR) – JFK
Separate SkyPriority Check-In @ Heathrow T4
Never get sick of seeing the Concorde …
I forgot how much I like Delta’s on-board service. Before take-off we had two birthday greetings for passengers from both the purser and then again the captain. As well as personal greetings (and later thank-yous) from the purser, and a spiffed up and pretty comical in-flight safety video (I liked the cameo by Deltalina).
Tumi amenity kit (much nicer than the Virgin Atlantic kit on the outbound)…
Westin’s Heavenly Bedding…
Meal time and continuos wine service…
As usual, great IFE and movie selections…
Even a Delta selection – How Do They Do It? Delta Economy Comfort…
Landing back in NYC…
Overall it was a great flight. We left early, arrived early, had great service and good food. If only SkyMiles could provide as much consistent value when it comes to award redemption.
Interested in using your miles for a flight but can’t find availability? Consider using Juicy Miles for award booking assistance!
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.