This is part three of a fourteen part trip report from my travels to the UK, Malta, and Mallorca. This trip reports includes a picture review of the Star Alliance Business Class Lounge at London Heathrow (LHR). I was traveling from London to Malta on Lufthansa using United miles (more on that in the next post).
- Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Newark (EWR)
- Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Newark (EWR)- London Heathrow (LHR) on Delta SkyMiles!
- Star Alliance Business Class Lounge: Terminal 1, London Heathrow
- Lufthansa Economy Class London Heathrow (LHR) – Munich (MUC) – Malta (MLA) – Frankfurt (FRA) – LHR
- Lufthansa Senator Lounge Munich – Terminal 2, level 4, departures G, opposite gate G28
- Lufthansa Business Lounge B Frankfurt – Terminal 1, departure area B (Non-Schengen)
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta
- Monarch Airlines Economy London Luton (LTN) – Palma de Mallorca (PMI) – LTN using Avios!
- Beach House by Meliá, Magaluf Beach in Calviá
- Le Méridien Piccadilly, London, UK
- Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford, Surrey, UK
- Hilton London Paddington, London, UK
- SkyTeam Lounge London Heathrow (LHR) Terminal 4
- Delta Airlines BusinessElite London Heathrow (LHR) – JFK
I had redeemed United miles for an economy class ticket from London to Malta via Munich and was granted access to the lounge via my Star Alliance Gold status.
The flight was scheduled for 9:50am and the lounge was packed between 8am – 9:30am, filled with United, US Airways, and Air Canada passengers heading back to North America. There also appeared to be numerous business passengers flying on Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, and SAS. I also noticed some Aegean and Turkish ticket holders as well. In any case, there were a lot of visitors to the lounge, but yet still sporadic seating available throughout the many lounging areas.
Both UK and US plugs throughout the lounge.
Continental Breakfast available from 04:30am – 11:00am with two separate set-ups, a Business Class Breakfast and a Continental Quiet Breakfast Buffet.
With all the guests, the breakfast buffet was emptied pretty quickly, though consistently monitored and refilled.
A shower attendant was available to take reservation requests for the shower rooms, though no one seemed to be using them.
Overall, it was a pretty standard lounge for Europe. Definitely not as nice as my Lufthansa lounge visits in Munich and Frankfurt, but about even with the SkyTeam lounge at Heathrow (reports on all coming later this week).
Interested in using your miles for a flight but can’t find availability? Consider using Juicy Miles for award booking assistance!
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.