This card just keeps giving and giving. Here’s another easy way to earn even more bonus miles in addition to the original sign-up bonus and the 15,000 non-use bonus. Reader Andrew in SLC emailed me back in March that he received an email offer in late February that offered 500 miles for switching to paperless statements – Sign up for Paperless Statements on your US Airways MasterCard by March 31, 2013 and get 500 Bonus Miles.
Now, according to Andrew, his wife Marni already had a previous US Airways card and her new card was automatically enrolled in paperless statements. He switched her back to paper statements the day he received the email in hopes that she too would receive the offer. Andrew reported that three weeks and two days after switching to paper, Marni received the offer as well…but for 1,000 miles!
Like Marni, I already had a previous US Airways MasterCard and it was enrolled for paperless statements which carried over to my new card received in December. I switched back to paper statements on March 11th and have been waiting for my paperless offer. It took much longer than Marni’s! Today, May 16th (just over 2 months after reverting to paper statements), I finally received the offer in the mail…though it’s only for 500 miles. Be Green Warning – For 1,000 US Airways miles, I certainly would have made the switch and sacrificed being green for two months. However, for only 500 miles, you might want to consider the environment. Up to you…
Additionally, Splittin’ Aces on Flyertalk has started a thread on Flyertalk regarding his 500 mile paperless offer and the other offers received as well.
So, without taking into account any of my spending, I’ve earned a whopping 55,500 points from one US Airways MasterCard (40K sign-up, 15K spending bonus (pending), 500 paperless bonus). That’s a pretty incredible sign-up bonus! I plan to cancel the card once the spend bonus posts and apply once more to try and earn the bonuses all over again (I was shockingly turned down in my last app-o-rama for already having the card).
30K after your first purchase, annual fee of $89, up to an additional 10k when you transfer a balance within 90 days (1 mile per $). Full landing page and promo details.
- Earn up to 40,000 bonus miles on qualifying transactions
- EXCLUSIVE: Redeem flights for 5,000 fewer miles
- Zone 2 boarding on every flight
- Enjoy 2 miles per $1 spent on US Airways purchases
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent everywhere else
- Annual companion certificate good for round-trip travel for up to 2 companions at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
- First Class check-in
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
2) Business Card – 25K after your first purchase, up to 10K for balance transfer within the first 30 days (1 mile per $), $79 annual fee. Note this link will also give you the option to select a business card with no annual fee and 5K miles for signing up.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.