The SkyTrax World’s Best Airline award went to Qatar this year in a ceremony at last month’s Paris Air Show. The top 10 list (like the last few years) is extremely heavy on carriers from Asia and the Gulf. Virgin America, Delta and JetBlue cracked the top 50 this year and were all ranked higher than last year.
Qatar also received the award in 2011 and 2012, but Cathay won the top spot last year (now #3). The annual awards are decided by 18.9 million passengers in 110 countries who rate the airlines on factors from comfort to the crew. You can check out the methodology and Top 100 list here.
1. Qatar Airways
2. Singapore Airlines
3. Cathay Pacific Airways
4. Turkish Airlines
6. Etihad Airways
7. ANA All Nippon Airways
8. Garuda Indonesia
9. EVA Air
10. Qantas Airways
Related Trip Reports:
- Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER Houston (IAH) – Moscow (DME) Part 1
- Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER Moscow (DME) – Singapore (SIN) & DME Transfer Lounge Part 2
- The Singapore Airlines Private Room @ Silver Kris Lounge Terminal 3 & Silver Kris Lounge Terminal 2 @ SIN
Cathay Pacific –
- Trip Report & Review – Cathay Pacific First Class New York (JFK) to Vancouver (YVR)
- Trip Report & Review – Cathay Pacific First Class Vancouver to Hong Kong
- Cathay Pacific First Class Trip Report – My Favorite FC Trip Ever? HKG-YVR-JFK
- Trip Report Part 1 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Trip Report Part 2 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Emirates First Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.