What happens when an actual restaurant critic samples Cathay’s in-flight business meals? Let’s just say his reviews are a bit different than the normal glowing ones seen on BoardingArea (including this blog…restaurant critics we are not).
Lunch started with smoked salmon with capers, onion and parsley, and chive creme fraiche. The oiliness of the fish should wake up those taste buds. But the logistics of onboard catering make it difficult to get the temperature right for fish. Let it warm up nicely and you might get bacteria dancing like a disco. So I got it overly cold—fine. Maybe the Chinese food will be good on a Hong Kong airline?
As taste is suppressed in the air, bigger flavors are needed: hearty soups, peppery casseroles, spicy curries—and ice cream works, too.
Thanks to Timothy at Bloomberg for sharing with our readers! Check out the full multi-course review over two Cathay flights here.
Recent Cathay Related:
- Trip Report & Review – Cathay Pacific First Class Hong Kong to New York – The Best Service in the Sky???
- Part 1 – Trip Report & Review – British Airways First + Galleries Lounges @ JFK
- Part 2 – Trip Report & Review – Cathay Pacific First Class New York (JFK) to Vancouver (YVR)
- Part 3 – Trip Report & Review – Cathay Pacific First Class Vancouver to Hong Kong
- Part 4 – Trip Report & Review – Cathay Pacific The Arrival Lounge – Hong Kong
- Part 5 – Trip Report & Review – Cathay Pacific The Wing First Class Lounge – Hong Kong…Cabanas, Tubs, & Ironing!
- Cathay Pacific First Class Trip Report – My Favorite FC Trip Ever? HKG-YVR-JFK
- The Cathay Pacific Pier Lounge HKG/Day-Break Rooms, connecting flight KUL – HKG
- Cathay Pacific First Class 777-300ER Hong Kong (HKG) – Vancouver (YVR) – JFK
- Cathay Pacific Business Class JFK – Hong Kong (HKG) B777-300ER
- The Bridge, Cathay Pacific’s Newest Lounge at Hong Kong (HKG)
- Cathay Pacific Business Class HKG – BKK (Bangkok) A340