The U.S. News & World Report released its fifth annual top hotel rankings yesterday, featuring 2,558 luxury hotels across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. In the United States, New York City led the pack of cities with the highest concentration of ranked hotels in the country. However, it did not snag the coveted #1 spot on the list in the US: that honor belonged to The Lodge at Sea Island Resort in Georgia.
The U.S. News & World Report hotel rankings list also divides their rankings based on hotel chain. For many of us who chase status in one chain over another, or hoard points for fill-in-the-blank rewards program because we feel like we get the best value from them, this may be a reason to consider other groups! For your interest, the best hotel for each of the following chains are:
- Club Carlson: Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicago
- Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts: Four Seasons Hotel Toronto
- Hilton Hotels: Waldorf Astoria Chicago
- Hyatt Hotels & Resorts: Park Hyatt New York
- IHG Hotels: Willard Intercontinental
- Marriott Hotels: Ritz-Carlton Montreal
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts: St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
As always, this type of list lends itself to some controversy.
Do you feel like U.S. News & World Report missed the boat on some of their rankings? Were any of your favorites omitted?
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.