Budget hotel brand Days Inn is offering a summer intern program which they call as “summer’s hottest gig.”
While we’re not so sure it’s a “dream job” to stay at one star budget motels, the opportunity to travel abroad on the company’s dime is definitely pretty sweet.
Now through May 24, 2019 at DaysInn.com/Suntern, Days Inn is welcoming applicants 21 years and older with a passion for international travel, photography, and storytelling to go overseas this summer as the brand’s “Suntern.” That intern will write up travel guides and will be featured on Days Inn social channels.
Interestingly, Days Inn is marketing this whole program as a way to pay off student debt — in addition to paid hotel and air accommodations, the summer intern will receive a $150 daily travel stipend plus $10,000 in cash.
We’re continually dreaming up ways to brighten guests’ stays at our hotels, fueling their days when they’re with us and their wanderlusts when they leave us,” said Patrick Breen, vice president, Brand Operations, Days Inn by Wyndham. “We believe everyone deserves a cultured, overseas experience – without deferring or prolonging student loans – and this mindset was the very inspiration behind this year’s global Sunternship program.”
Days Inn has more than 1,700 locations along the way, including in global cities like Madrid, Rio de Janero, and London.
- Travel to an international destination(s) for two weeks this summer.
- Document your adventures in a travel journal and share your top things to do and see.
- Capture as many sun-inspired photos as your camera roll can hold.
- A bright, creative, aspiring writer and photographer.
- At least 21 years old.
- U.S. resident with a valid passport.
- Open to new experiences, has a passion for travel and enjoys exploring new cultures.
- The ability to travel abroad for two consecutive weeks in August 2019.
- $10,000 payday.
- Paid hotel and economy air accommodations.
- A $150 daily travel stipend, allowing you to explore your sunny destination(s) to the fullest.
- Photos and journal excerpts featured on the brand’s website and social media channels.
- Wyndham Rewards Diamond membership.
- A glowing recommendation from a Days Inn by Wyndham executive upon successful completion of the Sunternship.
Applications are open through May 24, 2019 at DaysInn.com/Suntern.
This is definitely a unique program, and it’s commendable Days Inn is trying to reach a demographic that needs to pay off student loans. However, I wonder if whoever ends up being selected will take that $10,000 and check in to the Hilton next door…
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.