American Express and Etihad Airways have come together with an offer for AMEX cardholders. Unlike targeted AMEX offers tied to one’s specific account, this one looks to be open to anyone with an American Express card.
The Amex Etihad Offer
- What Is It?
- 10% off any Etihad flight booked now through September 14, 2019
- Why Do I Care?
- An easy way to save a few bucks if you were planning on booking a flight on Etihad or to a destination the airline or a partner goes to.
- How Do I Take Advantage?
- Go to this specific landing page that Etihad and American Express created, enter the first four digits of your AMEX card, and book your flight using that card.
The Full Terms
There are not a lot of restrictions to this offer as long as you’re using an American Express card. The main thing here is to book directly through this link — the 10% off won’t apply if you simply book on Etihad’s main website.
The 10% off only applies to the base fare and excludes taxes, fees, and surcharges. I didn’t check if this specific landing page had prices slightly inflated (to make up for the 10% discount).
Besides the miles you would earn with Etihad (or crediting to a partner) for actually flying, don’t forget you would also earn points for spending on your American Express card.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express – 5x Membership Rewards points
- The American Express Gold Card — 3x Membership Rewards points
Will you be taking advantage of this offer?
- How to Find Points and Miles Award Seats On Etihad
- American AAdvantage Changes For Etihad Create Incredible Award Opportunities
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.