Although American Airlines pulled service between Chicago and China, the airline still flies nonstop to both Beijing and Shanghai from Dallas and Los Angeles.
With so many airlines competing between the LAX and China market, fares have usually been quite reasonable. Now, American is spicing things up even further with an incredible roundtrip, nonstop economy fare for flights from Los Angeles to Beijing. Even better, it’s a full economy ticket (eligible for upgrades). None of that basic economy nonsense.
- Where: Los Angeles (LAX) to Beijing (PEK) nonstop or San Diego (SAN)/Denver (DEN)/Orlando (MCO) to Beijing (PEK)
- When: Select dates from September 2019 to November 2019
- How Much: From $305 roundtrip from LAX, slightly more from other cities
- Why: An amazing fare for nonstop service to China, even better if you can make use of an upgrade instrument
- How To Book: Search on SkyScanner, then click through either to an online travel agency or directly on American
Sample Fare: LAX to PEK
Select dates between Los Angeles and Beijing start from $305. Other cities to Beijing that I could find for below $400 included Denver, San Diego, and Orlando.
Sample Fare: DEN to PEK
In some cases, it may actually make sense to position for the nonstop flight from Los Angeles. If you do need to stay over for a night near LAX, here’s a list of hotels that we recommend.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.