Earlier this year, we saw an initial welcome offer of 120,000 points for an InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) credit card. The standard offer has been ranging from 60,000 to 80,000 points so it was a significant bump up.
But the credit card game is getting more competitive and it seems welcome offers are increasing all the time.
Now, IHG’s latest welcome offer of 125,000 points is a best ever offer for an IHG card. Even so, there’s an added bonus making it even more compelling to consider this card.
Breaking It Down:
IHG Premier Best Credit Card Offer
First, there is a 125,000 bonus point offer after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening. That’s a great welcome bonus.
Secondly, IHG’s offer has added a longer term bonus. For the first 12 months of card ownership, you can really rack up additional points with higher tiered earnings.
- For the first 12 months of ownership, cardholders this card will earn 25 points per dollar at IHG hotel properties, plus the 10 points per dollar for being an IHG member plus a 50% bonus on those 10 points for being a Platinum Member. That’s how they are showing 40X points with this new offer.
- In addition, during the first 12 months this card will earn 4 points per dollar on all other spend.
Intercontinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort, Opening September, 2019
After the first year, the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card will return to its standard 10 points per dollar at IHG, 2 points at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants, and 1 point everywhere else.
Other benefits of the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card:
- Complimentary IHG Platinum status
- A free night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide.
- A free reward night on points stays of 4 or more nights. That’s pretty much a straight 25% discount on four night award stays and beats other hotel programs offering 5th night free.
- Global Entry or TSA Precheck fee credit (up to $100 every 4 years)
IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card: Great for IHG Rewards and Perks
Interestingly, you are eligible to get this card even if you have the older version of the IHG credit card. In fact, if you have the old card, then you can get an even better deal when you redeem points for award nights. The fourth night free promotion (with award points) stacks with the 10% rebate on award redemptions from the legacy product. In addition, if you held both cards you are getting two annual Free Night Certificates!
IHG Rewards Club Bonus points can be used for stays at Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Indigo , InterContinental, Kimpton and related brands.
- What is IHG’s Luxury Program and What Benefits Are Included to Upgrade Your Stay
- (Updated) Full List: The 198 IHG Hotels Where You Can’t Use The Anniversary Free Night
InterContinental Hotels Group has a great global footprint featuring more than 5.000 properties worldwide, under fourteen hotel brands there’s likely a property in most destinations you might. visit. Adding that into account, this is IHG’s best credit card offer ever, so it deserves some consideration.
The IHG card is certainly worth getting for the 125,000 welcome bonus points. In addition, it offers great value the first 12 months of ownership. Afterwards, its value probably lies in the annual free night certificate, 4th night free on points redemptions, and the complimentary IHG Platinum status. The annual fee of $89 is more than made up for in those benefits.
Hopefully, you are not subject to Chase’s 5/24 rule. If you are below that magic number, you definitely should consider this card as one to pick up.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.