I have been fortunate to be able to spend time at MGM properties all over the country at the beginning of 2019. Those that have been reading my recent posts will know that I am a huge fan of MGM properties for a wide range of reasons. To me, nothing says “summer” quite like a drink by one of these spectacular Vegas pools. Thankfully, Hyatt has teamed up with MGM to make this dream even easier with their summer promotion of 2019. And if you keep reading, I can show you how to make this promo even better by double dipping…
Use this promotion to book in Vegas this summer and you can win big. For my poker friends, this just happens to coincide with the World Series of Poker. Basically just another excuse to fly to Las Vegas this summer.
Hyatt’s Summer 2019 Promotion
A couple of weeks ago, Hyatt sent out an email with the following offer:
Between April 15 and July 31, 2019, World of Hyatt members can earn double World of Hyatt points (5 Base Points and 5 Bonus Points) for eligible spend at participating M Life Rewards properties in Las Vegas.
Earn 6 World of Hyatt points (5 Base Points and 1 Bonus Point) on every $1 USD of eligible spend at:
- New York-New York
In order to qualify for this promotion you need to be a loyalty member of both and register for the promotion on the Hyatt website. Click here to get registered.
Key Terms Worth Noting
As always there is a few minor details you need to be aware of in the fine print prior to booking:
- Must register by July 31, 2019
- Offer valid for eligible stays with a check-out between April 15, 2019 and July 31, 2019
- The points awarded under this offer will be Bonus Points. Bonus Points awarded based on elite status, if any, will not be counted towards this Bonus Offer.
Don’t want to pay so you have more cash for other things? Book on points instead with cards like the Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card. As a transfer partner of Chase’s Ultimate Rewards program you can use points to stay at MGM properties for free.
An Good Deal Just Got Even Better…
Initially, this looks like a really good deal. However, after further inspection and a few phone calls to Hyatt customer service to clarify some key points this offer gets even better. Here’s why:
- This offer can be booked with any credit card. For example: If you book using the World of Hyatt Credit Card you would add an addition 4 points per dollar to your earnings. This effectively means a return of 14 points per dollar spent at the double points qualifying hotels and 10 points per dollar at the qualifying 20% hotels.
- Bookings can be made at either Hyatt or MGM website. This means that you will be able to compare the rates offered on both sites and can book using the best one.
Pro Tip: If you book through MGM’s website and don’t see credit post to your World of Hyatt account, call and ask the representative to fill out a Retro Request Form.
Read More About the Hyatt and MGM Hotels Here:
- Learn how to match to Hyatt Explorist status
- How status match benefits from Hyatt and MGM changed in 2019
- A trip report from Biloxi highlights great examples of the amazing customer service provided by MGM staff
Going All In
Although Vegas is hotter than Hades in the summer, it is one of my absolute favorite times to be in Sin City. The World Series of Poker is poker’s largest and is a seven week event stretching from May 28-July 16th. Last year’s field drew almost 110,000 players with over $213,000,000 up for grabs. The famous $10,000 Main Event had the second largest field in history of 7,874 players competing for the $8.8 million dollar first prize. As a poker player, there is no bigger thrill than being able to play in the Amazon room under the lights and cameras at the Rio All Suite Hotel and Casino.
Having this promotion roll through the entire length of the World Series of Poker is just gravy. In addition, it’s worth mentioning that any shopping or dining done at any MGM property can also be charged back to your room thereby increasing the value of this promotion through more eligible spending. The added bonus is by staying at one of these properties you might even get a fantastic return offer on a second stay.
Good deals in Vegas, that don’t require gambling, are getting harder to find. This, combined with the fact that you can potentially double dip on your spending, is why this great offer from Hyatt and MGM Resorts should be on your radar to consider. Which of these Vegas properties do you prefer staying at?
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.