The fourth annual Expedia Airplane Etiquette Study was released late last week and rear seat kickers once again rank as the most offensive airline passengers. The survey is based on responses from 1,005 Americans age 18+. Inattentive parents (my number one pet peeve) ranked second on the list.
A prevailing theme across all four years of the study is the importance people place on the sanctity of their personal space within the tight confines of an airplane,” said Dave McNamee, Expedia spokesman.
1. The Rear Seat Kicker (cited by 64 percent of respondents)
2. Inattentive Parents (59 percent)
3. The Aromatic Passenger (55 percent)
4. The Audio Insensitive (49 percent)
5. The Boozer (49 percent)
6. Chatty Cathy (40 percent)
7. The Queue Jumper (35 percent)
8. Seat-Back Guy (35 percent)
9. The Armrest Hog (34 percent)
10. Pungent Foodies (30 percent)
11. The Undresser (28 percent)
12. The Amorous (28 percent)
13. The Mad Bladder (22 percent)
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.