Do you have a toy zone? Apparently it’s a real zone, and it’s not just for kids. If you think of play only being good for kids, it’s time to expand your thinking. Play is good for us grown-ups as well! If you couple play with toys and look at what’s popular around the world, it’s fascinating to see the differences. That’s just what this article does. It’s a fun read I wanted to share with you all.
One study found that 58% of adults in the U.S. bought a toy for themselves. The toy zone is definitely NOT age related. And which toys are most popular in every country might just surprise you. It surprised me.
What is Toyzone?
The Toyzone analyzes Google Search volumes to track down the exact toy that each country had searched for the most. Then they map the most uniquely popular toy in 161 countries. In 2022, here’s what they found.
Key Findings From Toyzone Research
- Four of the top five most searched-for toys in the world are video game consoles, and of those, the PS5, gets the most monthly searches on average (15 million).
- The only non-console toy among the five most searched is Lego, which is searched globally over six million times a month on average.
- Counting 1.35m searches on average per month, the most searched-for board game globally is Ludo.
Pro Tip: Do you Pruvo all your hotels stays? If not, do what I do and let Pruvo monitor your reservations for price drops. It’s free and it’s the easiest way to save money on all your hotel rooms.
Most Popular Toy In 32 Countries
I’ll bet you can’t guess what is the most popular toy in 32 countries. I never would have guessed. Okay, time’s up……see for yourself. Maybe you’re more aware of popular toys than I am 🙂
Don’t waste your miles and points! When I book award tickets for my international travels, I always rely on Point.me! They get me the best deals.
The map that shows the toys and countries is a must-see. I was pleased to see that many of the toys are classics. That means I could actually participate in playtime when I visit these places. I’ve got quite a few new toys to research, though!
Anybody know who Betty Spaghetty is? Countries around the world love dolls.
Simpler toys are most popular. Europeans love to build, and not just with LEGO. Board games dominate in certain parts of the world. Video game consoles are not as popular as you might think.
What if you could learn everything you need to know about your destination in just 5 minutes? Here’s how!
The study breaks down the categories of toys as well. Many of the maps show you more information than you might care to see, but still I find this all fun to look at and certainly popular toys around the world is a great topic for conversation!
- My Favorite Travel Resources and Products
- When I book award tickets for my international travels, I always rely on Point.me. They get me the best deals!
- I Always Get the Lowest Prices on Hotel Rooms: Here’s How!
- 9 Awesome Travel Accessories To Pack for Your Next Trip
- Don’t miss out on the BEST current travel credit card offers!
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.