With airlines packing in flights with more and more passengers, the metal flying tubes that we fly in resemble more like sardine can than actual plane. If you are relegated to sitting in economy, that means sleeping on a plane can be incredibly tough. Sure, a lie-flat bed in business or first class certainly makes things better, but there are tips that can even make that sleep more restful. (And reading Point Me helps you get up front.)
Of course, missing out on sleep can further the effects of jet lag and overall exhaustion when you reach your destination.
Casper, the bedding and mattress company that also happens to partner with American Airlines, recently conducted a study and came up with 15 science backed tips for sleeping on an airplane.
Here are all 15 tips along with a handy infographic that will help you make your sleep more restful onboard.
1. Stay at the right temperature.
2. Wear bed socks.
3. Power down your devices.
4. Wear a light-blocking eye mask.
5. Listen to pink noise.
6. Wear noise-canceling headphones or earplugs.
7. Uncross legs and use footrests.
8. Lean backward with proper support.
9. Add a pillow to the lower seat back.
10. Embrace a neck pillow.
11. Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
12. Try lavender aromatherapy.
13. Munch on potassium-high snacks..
14. Stay humid and hydrated.
15. Practice mindfulness meditation.
The full study can be found here.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.