After a Moody’s analyst last week suggested that United reconsider its hub operations to improve its financial position, United is clarifying that they have “full confidence in IAH”.
“Houston is a vital part of United’s network,” the airline said in a statement. “We’ve continued our commitment here and are excited about partnering with the Houston Airport System as they rebuild Terminal D to further strengthen IAH’s international connectivity.”
The Moody’s article stated that:
“If United determines that its choice of hubs is contributing to the underperformance, individual hub airports could come under pressure.” “There are a lot of questions,” said analyst Earl Heffintrayer, lead author of the Moody’s report. “We expect United will adjust their operations. We don’t know how that will look going forward.”
Speaking of the popular “what’s wrong with United” topic, have you checked out Cranky Flier’s post – Blaming United’s Problems on Continental (or Vice Versa) is Exactly the Problem? Makes a lot of sense! Also, don’t skip over the 232 comments from the armchair CEOs 😉 !
So how do we fix this? I don’t know the full answer. Of course, I don’t work there and I certainly don’t know where the bodies are buried. But the real problem is that management doesn’t seem to know how to fix it either. What I do know is that as long as people are publicly blaming the Continental side or the United side, United is going to struggle.
Recent United posts –
- What’s Wrong with United Continental? …again
- “United Should Close IAD Dulles Hub” …says analyst
- United’s Extraordinary Expenses in 2Q
- United Pilots Blast CEO, Call for Smisek’s Ouster – Full Quotes from the Letter
- Oops…United Mad Libs Edition. Fill in the Blank Apology Letter to “Customer Name”
- United Given All Clear, but Swiss Now Has Bed Bugs in Business!
- United Ends Attendants’ Booze-in-Bags Ban as Union Balks
- 100% Upgrade Success in 2013 on AA w/ Only Gold Status!
- Excuses Galore at United
- United – Flight Attendants Can Keep Jobs…but at Continental Unit
- United to Increase Fees – “Just Scratching Surface”, Cuts SEA-NRT Flight
- Full Summary of United Devaluations & New Developments…plus my personal exposure
- What Does Lufthansa Think About United’s Devaluation & Member