This article really highlights the value of miles, even with the current devaluations. I love how the author assumes that most of his readers will never in their lifetimes be able to afford first class flights on Cathay, Emirates, and Singapore, though all are obtainable with miles and points and our community does it every day! In fact, I redeemed for first class seats on all three of these airlines in the last year. He is right about the pricing though, my recent Emirates First Class A380 flight from LAX to the Maldives via Dubai was priced at $27,583 one-way. The Singapore Airlines flight from IAH to Bali via Singapore in first was pricing between $14-16,500 one-way and the Cathay Pacific flight home to JFK from Hong Kong was $13,853 one-way.
However, this is nothing compared with the luxury a few international carriers provide on their long-haul flights. From onboard showers to fully private suites to gourmet delicacies, these airlines have designed their service so that passengers are in no rush to land. Not surprisingly, the prices for this kind of service can be astronomical. Here are three particularly extravagant examples…
Check out the article for his briefs on flying first with Cathay, Emirates, and Singapore. …or better yet my trip reports funded by points and miles and with lots of pictures:
- Cathay Pacific First Class Trip Report – My Favorite FC Trip Ever? HKG-YVR-JFK
- The Cathay Pacific Pier Lounge HKG/Day-Break Rooms, connecting flight KUL – HKG
- Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER Houston (IAH) – Moscow (DME) Part 1
- Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER Moscow (DME) – Singapore (SIN) & DME Transfer Lounge Part 2
- The Singapore Airlines Private Room @ Silver Kris Lounge Terminal 3 & Silver Kris Lounge Terminal 2 @ SIN
- My First Shower in the Sky – A380 Experience LAX-DXB (preview, full trip report coming soon)
- Emirates A380 First Class Lounge Dubai – Concourse A Preview (preview, full trip report coming soon)
- Sneak Peek – Emirates Milan Lounge – Impressed! (preview, full trip report coming soon)
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.