American Express has just announced the opening of its newest Centurion Lounge location at Denver International Airport (DEN) on February 1st. This is the company’s 14th Centurion Lounge location.
American Express’ Centurion Lounges are some of the best available in the United States known for their chef-prepared hot food buffets, excellent drinks, and spa services. The Denver lounge will go further: it will also provide à la carte options at a live cooking station!
Despite the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, American Express has continued to open lounges across the United States. All Centurion Lounges are now open with the exception of the New York LaGuardia location which is currently under construction.
Where is the Denver Centurion Lounge?
The new Denver Centurion Lounge will be located in the Concourse C Mezzanine at the airport. It will be the second-largest Centurion Lounge so far, clocking in at over 14,000-square-feet of space.
Food Options at the Denver Centurion Lounge
American Express has announced that they have partnered with Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson to craft the new lounge’s menu.
American Express will welcome James Beard Foundation Award-winning Chef, Restaurateur and co-founder of Frasca Hospitality Group and Scarpetta Wines, Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson, as the Executive Chef of the new Denver Centurion Lounge. Chef Lachlan developed a locally-sourced menu inspired by his travels through the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region of Northern Italy, incorporating a variety of local and artisanal ingredients.
The Denver Centurion Lounge will be the first in the network to include a live action cooking station, where Card Members will be able to enjoy dishes prepared à la carte and even customize them to their personal preferences. The menu will rotate daily so that guests can enjoy freshly made breakfast and lunch items, such as: Gubana French Toast and Rigatoni al Portonat.
Needless to say, the food looks awesome. Check out a sample menu for breakfast and lunch:
Here is a video of the Chef talking about the menu at the lounge:
Local Brews, Cocktails, and Games at the Bar/Lounge
American Express always aims to infuse its lounges with local design elements. This lounge is no different. The lounge features geometric ceiling installations that mimic the mountainous area, a mural of the Rocky Mountains, and a two-sided living wall visible from within the lounge and the concourse below.
It also leans heavily into Denver’s craft beer reputation. The lounge features a Craft Beer Bar that will feature rotating selections from some of Denver’s over 70 breweries. Initial selections will include brews from Denver Beer Co, ODD13 Brewery, Breckenridge Brewery, and Left Hand Brewing Company.
The lounge will also feature a complimentary full bar with Colorado-inspired cocktails created by renowned mixologist Jim Meehan and wine selections handpicked by wine authority Anthony Giglio.
I personally can’t wait to try some of the custom cocktails. The sample list includes:
- Bragging Right – Hot Filtered Water, Lemon, Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar, Maple Syrup
- Dogs Out – Woody Creek Vodka, Elevation Porter, Leopold Brothers French Press-Style American Coffee Liqueur, Thai Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Grail Ale – Denver Beer Co. IPA, Izze Grapefruit Soda
- Bobby Pin – Scarpetto Proseco, Leopold Brothers Apertivo, Three Pins Alpine Herbal Liqueur
- Cold Byrrh – Avery Liliko’I Kepolo Wheat Beer, Byrrh Grand Quinquina, Leopold Brothers Mountain Blackberry Liqueur
- High Plains Sip Stir – Żubrówka Bison Grass Vodka, Leblon Cachaça, Dolin Blanc Vermouth, Suze
- Karwinski Lift – Coconut Water, Excellia Reposado Tequila, Chareau Aloe Liqueur, Giffard White Crème de Cacao, Cinco Sentidos Bicuise Mezcal
- Rocky Fence – Woody Creek Rye Whiskey, Leopold Brothers New York Sour Apple Liqueur, Cocktailpunk Alpino Bitters
The sample wine list includes some decent options as well:
- Prosecco – Nino Franco, Valdobbiadene | Italy
- Sparkling Rosé – Riondo ‘Extra Dry’, NV| Veneto | Italy
- Pinot Grigio DOC – Terlato, 2018 | Colli Oriental del Fruili | Italy
- Sauvignon Blanc – Wairau River, 2018 | Marlborough | New Zealand
- Frico IGT – Bianco del Venezie, 2019 | Italy
- Ros’Aura – Fuedi di San Gregorio, 2019 | Italy
- Chianto Sangiovese – Cecchi, 2018 | Tuscany
- Nero d’Avola – Cusumano, 2019 | Sicily
- Barbera del Monferrato DOC – Scarpetta, 2018 | Piedmont | Italy
- Rosso di Toscano Sangiovese/Merlot – IL Poggione, 2018 | Tuscany | Italy
- Cabernet Sauvignon – The Federalist, 2017 | Lodi | California
It will also contain a game room with games including pool and shuffleboard tables, as well as custom, large-scale classics such as Connect Four and Checkers. Games will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
Related: Review of the American Express Lounge By Pontus, Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN)
How to Access Centurion Lounges
The Centurion Lounges are some of the best lounges in the United States with full bars and delicious buffet foods. Access is limited to American Express cardholders with specific cards:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express (review) and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (review) gives access to The Centurion Lounges with two guests when departing on any airline
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (review) and Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card gives access to The Centurion Lounges when departing on Delta (no guests)
Centurion Lounge access is limited to three hours before departure. The exception is with connections, in which case you can access the lounge earlier (even if your connection is more than three hours).
Of course, if you have the Amex Centurion Card, you can access Centurion Lounges on departure or arrival, with no time limit.
Amex has made a commitment to expand and enhance the Centurion Lounge network. New locations planned include London Heathrow Airport (LHR) and expansions are coming soon to locations in Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), San Francisco International Airport (SFO), New York LaGuardia (LGA), and Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS).
Will you be able to visit the new Denver lounge soon? Let us know what you think 👇🏻
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.