The holiday deals are pouring in this week leading up to Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday. One of those deals is with Silvercar, a rental company in over 20 U.S. markets that I rave about to friends and family.
Silvercar exclusively rents Audi vehicles (and was actually recently acquired by Audi) and is often priced competitively with major rental brands like Hertz, Avis, etc. It’s a nicer vehicle than most cars that you can get at those companies, and has free in-car WiFi, reasonable toll and gas fees, an easy-to-use app, etc.
Silvercar frequently has promotion codes, like an ongoing 20% off deal when you use a Visa Infinite card to make a booking. (An example of a Visa Infinite is the Chase Sapphire Reserve). Use code VISAINF20 for that offer.
For Black Friday, Silvercar is sweetening the pot by offering 35% off and 500 Premium Rewards points on rentals between December 1 and December 20, 2019. Use code SILVERSALE19 at checkout. (Note: you can’t combine this with another promo code.)
- Where: All Silvercar rental locations
- When: For rentals December 1 through December 20
- How Much: 35% off a Silvercar rental AND an additional 500 Premium Rewards points
- Why: 35% off is a great deal as it is, but Silvercar is trying to raise awareness about their new rewards program, Premium Rewards. 500 points is equivalent to almost $50 in value that can be used towards a future Silvercar booking.
- How To Book: Directly on Silvercar’s website and use code SILVERSALE19. Must book by December 3, 2019.
What Is Silvercar Premium Rewards?
Silvercar Premium Rewards is the company’s revenue-based loyalty program with no elite tiers and spending minimums. You’re also automatically enrolled once you use Silvercar for the first time.
Basically, for every dollar you spend, you earn a Silvercar Premium Rewards point. Then, those points can be used towards the cost of a future Silvercar booking (either using the points in full or a mix of cash + points).
500 points with the Black Friday promotion is equal to about $50, since each Silvercar Premium Rewards point is equal to about 9 to 10 cents towards the cost of a future rental.
New To Silvercar?
Silvercar has a pretty generous referral program that offers $25 to new users (and $25 to the person that referred you). This can be combined with any existing offers since that $25 is actually in the form of a Visa gift card.
If you’d like to use my referral code CDONG1, you’ll get $25 in cash after completing your first rental. Head over to Silvercar’s website, enter your email, and once it’s verified, you can enter my code.
What Credit Card Should I Use For Silvercar?
Your best bet would be a card that earns you bonus points for travel purchases. A few examples of these cards where rental car bookings count in the bonus “travel” category include:
- Chase Ink Business Preferred Card: 3x Ultimate Rewards points on travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 2x Ultimate Rewards points on travel purchases
- American Express Green Card: 3x Membership Rewards points on travel purchases
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.