Emirates Chairman Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoumheikh says that US Airlines should stop complaining to the Department of Transportation about Middle East carriers and their potential government subsidies (which the airlines deny), and should instead try to win customers back based on service quality. Lots of interesting quotes from the Bloomberg article:
“Offer the best to the passengers and people will fly with you.” “They don’t mind paying maybe an extra penny to fly if your service is good, at the end of the day it is all about service.”
“The Americans, when they signed the agreement, they insisted on an open-sky policy, and many airlines looked at us at the time as if they’re the giants,” Sheikh Ahmed said. “They never expected that airlines will come out of this part of the world that will challenge them.”
Even some veiled threats for future purchases of US made aircraft:
“Stopping this business or trying to be very difficult, I’m sure a lot of people in the U.S. or Europe would lose their jobs because why would we take aircraft if you block me, or try to block me, from flying to your points,” Sheikh Ahmed said.
Check out the full article here.
- Emirates – “We Will Take Over the Trans-Atlantic Market” – Adding A380s on Most US Routes
- Emirates to Airbus – “We Will Buy 100 More A380s…if you give us a Neo engine upgrade”
- Is the A380 Production Era Over? No New Buyers in 2014!
- Inside an Emirates B777 Crew Rest Compartment…Pretty Pimp!
- It’s Official – Dubai overtakes Heathrow as World’s Busiest International Airport
- Emirates Drops FIFA Sponsorship, Qatar Waiting in the Wings?
- Qatar Buys 9.99% Stake in British Airways Parent IAG
- Qatar Plans Double Beds in Business Class to “Best First on Rival Carriers”.
- Qatar – “Don’t Expect First Class to Return”, Super-Business Instead
- Unbelievable Conditions – Truth Behind Working for Qatar Airways
- Qatar Airways Defends Female Cabin Crew Policies
- Alitalia & Etihad Major Announcements – New Routes, Partners, Livery, Uniforms, Fleet Sharing
- The World’s Best Airline List…for Long-Haul Economy
- Etihad’s “The Residence” Now Available for Online Booking / Mash-Up Video by Bloomberg
- Etihad’s $0 Fare Receipt – Mistake Fare Calculation Details
- Meet the First Etihad A380 “The Residence” Passenger
Related Emirates Trip Reports:
- Trip Report Part 1 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Trip Report Part 2 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Emirates First Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
- Emirates First Class Lounge Concourse B – Dubai
- Emirates A380 Business Class – JFK-Dubai Trip Report
- Emirates Business Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class DXB- Malé (MLE) – DXB B777-200LR
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class DXB – Milan (MXP)
- Trip Report – Emirates Lounge Milan
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class MXP – JFK B777-300ER
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.