We cover many “World’s Best” lists on this blog but they normally involve First and Business class cabins. Well, a new ranking from travel industry data site Skift now measures the best economy class airlines for long-haul travel. Not surprisingly, the winners are no strangers to the First and Business class lists, they were Etihad and Qatar. There was a three-way-tie for 2nd place: Turkish Airlines, Emirates Airlines, and ANA. Who won by region?
- North America – American Airlines
- Latin America – Avianca
- Europe – Turkish Airlines
- Africa – South African Airways
- Middle East – Etihad and Qatar (tie)
- Asia/Pacific – All Nippon Airways
I’m not able to re-publish the judging criteria or the full listing for each airline, but you can check both of those out over on their site here. For those curious, Delta ranked 3 points behind American (I’m not sure how AA received a perfect score for IFE…the same as Etihad, Qatar, and Emirates) and United ranked 8 points behind Delta.
- 10 Airlines with the Best Business Class
- Cathay Pacific on Being the Best in Business Class
- World’s Best Airlines – Airlineratings.com’s 2014 Winners
Trip reports for the “Best Business and First Class” airlines above.
- Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER Houston (IAH) – Moscow (DME) Part 1
- Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER Moscow (DME) – Singapore (SIN) & DME Transfer Lounge Part 2
- Trip Report Part 1 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Trip Report Part 2 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Cathay Pacific First Class Trip Report – My Favorite FC Trip Ever? HKG-YVR-JFK
- The Cathay Pacific Pier Lounge HKG/Day-Break Rooms, connecting flight KUL – HKG
- Emirates A380 Business – JFK-Dubai Trip Report
- Singapore Airlines Trip Report – Newark to Singapore Business Class – The World’s Longest Flight
- Trip Report – JAL SKY SUITE- My Favorite Business Class Flight – Tokyo (NRT) – JFK
- Trip Report – Delta Atlanta (ATL) – Johannesburg (JNB) – BusinessElite B777-200LR – DeltaAssist Saves the Day!
- Trip Report – SWISS Business JFK-Zurich(ZRH) A330 – Best Fillet In-Flight?
- Trip Report – Austrian Airlines JFK-Vienna in the New Business Class – B777-200
- Alitalia B777-200ER New Magnifica Business Class FCO-JFK
- Alitalia A330 Trip Report JFK-Rome (FCO) – Very Impressed – Lie-Flat & Excellent Food in Magnifica Business Class
- Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Newark (EWR)- London Heathrow (LHR) on Delta SkyMiles!
…or maybe you’re just into First – 3 Extravagant Flights You’ll Never Be Able to Afford…Unless You Have Miles
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.