I may redeem more United miles than any other points currency, but it’s actually been forever since I’ve flown with them on a domestic (or international) leg. I most often end up flying domestically from LGA on DL/AA and tend to redeem my UA miles for international partner awards.
I was originally scheduled to fly this morning on UA 1405 (a 737-700) from LGA-IAH, but made a list minute switch to UA 406 as I haven’t yet experienced the 767-300 product. Not only was the product very nice for a domestic leg, but the service was excellent. The BusinessFirst cabin(United First on domestic legs) has a 2-1-2 configuration, I sat in seat 4D, which is a lie-flat single seat in the middle . As it was in the middle, I had flight attendants on both sides assisting me.
They were amazingly pleasant and would refill my drink each time they walked by. They entire crew seemed to be legacy CO, though no formal announcement was made on their per-merger affiliation as others have reported recenlty. The lunch choices included a shrimp salad or a beef burrito, neither looked or tasted amazing but the standard asparagus soup was pretty good. When walking back from the bathroom each flight attendant asked me if I wanted another can of club soda or any more soup (more soup…I’ve never seen that before). There was a nice VOD selection as well (the plane came from EZE and was heading to Lima after Houston). I charged up my MacBook Air via the outlet and my iPhone via the USB connection.
The international United Club in terminal E is standard but nice and empty on the top floor at this time of day. Unfortunately, Singapore does not have their own lounge at IAH.
Now for an entirely different kind of experience, I’m patiently waiting for SQ61 – Houston-Singapore with a short stop in Moscow. Though the luxurious Singapore experience certainly doesn’t start at the gate, they utilize D4 which is one of the oldest gates here at IAH.
PS – some additional thanksagain points…
Listing of all trip reports from my Bali & Kuala Lumpur Trip:
- United Airlines Business Class Updated 767-300 Newark (EWR) – Houston (IAH)
- Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER Houston (IAH) – Moscow (DME) Part 1
- Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER Moscow (DME) – Singapore (SIN) & DME Transfer Lounge Part 2
- The Singapore Airlines Private Room @ Silver Kris Lounge Terminal 3 & Silver Kris Lounge Terminal 2 @ SIN
- Singapore Airlines Business Class 777-200 Singapore (SIN) – Bali (DPS)
- The St. Regis Bali Resort
- The W Retreat & Spa Bali
- The Brand New Sheraton Bali Kuta
- My First Experience on Air Asia A320 Bali (DPS) – Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
- The Hilton Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- The Westin Kuala Lumpur
- The Cathay Pacific Pier Lounge HKG/Day-Break Rooms, connecting flight KUL – HKG
- Cathay Pacific First Class 777-300ER Hong Kong (HKG) – Vancouver (YVR) – JFK
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.