We cover many “World’s Best” lists on this blog but they normally involve First and Business class cabins. Well, a new ranking from travel industry data site Skift now measures the best economy class airlines for long-haul travel. Not surprisingly, the winners are no strangers to the First and Business class lists, they were Etihad and Qatar. There was a three-way-tie for 2nd place: Turkish Airlines, Emirates Airlines, and ANA. Who won by region?
- North America – American Airlines
- Latin America – Avianca
- Europe – Turkish Airlines
- Africa – South African Airways
- Middle East – Etihad and Qatar (tie)
- Asia/Pacific – All Nippon Airways
I’m not able to re-publish the judging criteria or the full listing for each airline, but you can check both of those out over on their site here. For those curious, Delta ranked 3 points behind American (I’m not sure how AA received a perfect score for IFE…the same as Etihad, Qatar, and Emirates) and United ranked 8 points behind Delta.
- 10 Airlines with the Best Business Class
- Cathay Pacific on Being the Best in Business Class
- World’s Best Airlines – Airlineratings.com’s 2014 Winners
Trip reports for the “Best Business and First Class” airlines above.
- Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER Houston (IAH) – Moscow (DME) Part 1
- Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER Moscow (DME) – Singapore (SIN) & DME Transfer Lounge Part 2
- Trip Report Part 1 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Trip Report Part 2 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Cathay Pacific First Class Trip Report – My Favorite FC Trip Ever? HKG-YVR-JFK
- The Cathay Pacific Pier Lounge HKG/Day-Break Rooms, connecting flight KUL – HKG
- Emirates A380 Business – JFK-Dubai Trip Report
- Singapore Airlines Trip Report – Newark to Singapore Business Class – The World’s Longest Flight
- Trip Report – JAL SKY SUITE- My Favorite Business Class Flight – Tokyo (NRT) – JFK
- Trip Report – Delta Atlanta (ATL) – Johannesburg (JNB) – BusinessElite B777-200LR – DeltaAssist Saves the Day!
- Trip Report – SWISS Business JFK-Zurich(ZRH) A330 – Best Fillet In-Flight?
- Trip Report – Austrian Airlines JFK-Vienna in the New Business Class – B777-200
- Alitalia B777-200ER New Magnifica Business Class FCO-JFK
- Alitalia A330 Trip Report JFK-Rome (FCO) – Very Impressed – Lie-Flat & Excellent Food in Magnifica Business Class
- Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Newark (EWR)- London Heathrow (LHR) on Delta SkyMiles!
…or maybe you’re just into First – 3 Extravagant Flights You’ll Never Be Able to Afford…Unless You Have Miles