There are certainly many valid safety reasons for getting kicked off a plane, this list doesn’t include any of those. The Cheat Sheet shares their list of the 16 most ridiculous reasons used by airlines to justify removing passengers from flights. I’d say that while some of these removals may have made the flight better for the majority of passengers, several are simply examples of over-stepping by flight attendants. 5 of the 16 are below, but check out the full list over at The Cheat Sheet here.
- Singing Whitney Houston songs – A passenger who refused to stop singing Whitney songs was booted from an American Airlines LAX – JFK flight, causing a diversion to Kansas City. Her “I Will Always Love You” rendition went viral on YouTube
- Wearing too much Dior cologne – American also kicked a passenger off a Paris – Dallas flight after the strength of his cologne was brought to the attention of flight attendants. One attendant told him he needed a shower ASAP
- Throwing a prosthetic leg RHONYC style – Yep, this happened! A female passenger slapped a child and threw her prosthetic leg at flight crew when they asked her to calm down and stop shouting for cigarettes and a parachute
- Getting angry over a Christmas greeting – An American Airlines passenger on a LaGuardia to Dallas flight became very angry after being greeted with Merry Christmas by both a gate agent and then a flight attendant. He became aggressive toward the crew and was eventually asked to de-plane.
- Tweeting about a gate agent – A Southwest passenger was upset that his two daughters weren’t able to priority boarding with him despite his A-List status. The gate agent informed the passenger that the priority status for his ticket didn’t apply to his family members. He tweeted about the “rude” agent and was promptly asked to get off the plane. The agent also told him that if the tweet wasn’t deleted she would call the police. The passenger deleted the tweet and then re-boarded the plane
11 more to go…check them out here.