Portugal’s TAP Air is one of the few full service airlines that frequently prices its one-way international business class fares either half or less than half of a roundtrip.
This deal has certainly been around before, but it should be highlighted since TAP is now taking delivery of its new Airbus A330neo’s with an updated business class product. Availability is wide open through end of schedule. And, a stopover in Portugal is free.
- Where: New York, Miami, Toronto to many European cities including Oslo, Copenhagen, Madrid, Barcelona, Frankfurt, and more.
- When: Many dates through end of schedule.
- How Much: From $1100 one-way from the US in lie-flat business class.
- Why: A great one-way price, perfect for repositioning or using miles on the return. Try TAP’s new A330neo product. Book a stopover for free in Portugal.
- How To Book: Search for prices and availability using Google Flights’ calendar function and then book directly on TAP’s website.
P.S. You can fly all the way to Tel Aviv (TLV) for $1500 one-way in business class from the US.
How Do I Know My Flight Is The New A330neo?
TAP was the first airline in the world to take delivery of the new Airbus A330neo. These are the routes that these new planes will be flying. Keep in mind that they are not flying every day so look for this specific aircraft type when searching.
- 5x weekly: Lisbon and Miami from March 1, 2019
- 3x weekly: Lisbon and Toronto from March 31, 2019
- 2x weekly: Lisbon and New York JFK from April 13, 2019
- 3x weekly: Lisbon and Newark from April 30, 2019
- 6x weekly: Lisbon and Boston from July 7, 2019
We’ve written a lot about Portugal so take a look at our guides to making the most of your stopover in Lisbon or Porto. TAP offers a free stopover program if you’re connecting onwards.
- Guide to Using Points and Miles to Get to Portugal
- Guide to Lisbon, Portugal – Europe’s Most Ascendant Destination
- Guide to Porto and the Douro Valley, the Port Wine Region
- Central Portugal: The Heartland
- Portugal Off The Beaten Path: The Algarve and The Azores
To book, your best bet is to use a credit card that earns a bunch of transferable points, like the Platinum Card from American Express which earns 5x Membership Rewards points per dollar spent. That means you’d earn more than 5,000 MR points from purchasing this one-way. That’s in addition to the miles you’d earn by crediting to your preferred Star Alliance program. (We’d recommend Aegean which earns 200% miles flown.)