Betty continues spilling her stories. Thanks to Mark from Yahoo! for sharing a new weekly series called “Confessions of A Fed-Up Flight Attendant” written by “Betty”.
Wrap it UpOne time, on an early morning flight, a woman spilled coffee on her silk wrap-around dress. She went into the lavatory and took off the dress to rinse the stains in the sink. One of the straps was dangling precariously over the toilet seat. When she flushed the toilet the entire dress got sucked right in and flushed right down. She didn’t know what to do. She just stayed in the bathroom mortified in her underwear. Near landing the flight attendant knocked on the door demanding she come out and take her seat. Sheepishly she said “I can’t come out I flushed my dress down the toilet!” They gave her two blankets and she exited the plane sporting an airplane blanket toga.Suck it UpOne time, an older gentleman came to the back galley with a strange problem. His dentures had come lose while he was using the toilet and disappeared before he could catch them. Here’s the kicker…they were really expensive and he wanted them back! It was a lengthily and very unpleasant process but the ground service crew was able to retrieve them. By that point, they were a less than pretty shade of blue.
Tricks of the TradeAir crews can have some fun with these mega flush toilets. One thing we love is the ”toilet paper trick.” That’s where you shove a wad of toilet paper in the toilet then slowly roll the rest of the roll out on the carpet the whole length of the airplane, hit the flush and it will go airborne like a wet noodle and disappear in a second down the toilet. You can have races down each aisle, we usually only partake in these high jinks when the passengers are not on board. Usually.You See the Craziest ThingsMany countries have toilets that are just a hole in the ground. Sometimes those same folks get on the airplane and don’t know how to lock the door, or what to make of our “English” toilets so they climb up and put their feet on the toilet seat and squat. Then, an unsuspecting passenger opens the door to see this spectacle. Sometimes we hit rough air and their precarious squatting position pitches them forward out the unlocked door and into the galley with their private bits on display. So if you ever see footprints on the airplane toilet there was probably a person from another country doing a toilet balance beam act before you!
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant: #1 – Attack of the Ambien Zombies
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant: #2 – More Nudity & Sleeping Pills
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant: #3 – The 15 Most Ridiculous Things People Say on a Plane
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #4 –11 Strangest Things People Ask for on a Plane
- 30 Pilots and Flight Attendants Confess their “Best Kept Flying Secrets”
- 16 Alarming Airline Secrets
- What Your Flight Attendant Really Thinks of You
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to a Flight Attendant
- 10 Signs You’re the Worst Person on Your Flight
- Nine Dirty Little Secrets of the Travel Industry
- 29 Things Your Pilot Won’t Tell You
- 7 Things Your Flight Attendant Wants You to Know
- What Do Flight Attendants Think of You…and your requests?
- The Unsurprising & Scary Confessions of a Regional Jet Pilot…sleeping in trailers at the airport
- How Much Do Singapore Airlines Flight Attendants Get Paid for Providing Great Service?
- Say What? Overheard on the Plane Edition 28 – Crazy Things Passengers Say to Flight Attendants
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.