Qatar Airways CEO Al Baker said the airline will roll out a new business class cabin next year which will “best the first class offerings of other Gulf carriers”. He noted that the seat (over which Qatar Air will have proprietary rights), will allow Qatar to offer the most luxurious business class in the sky.
“We always raise the bar for our dear friends around the area to try to copy us,” Al Baker said in Doha. “We will have a double bed with only a business-class fare.” “This will be a product that will be unrivaled in our industry,” Al Baker said of the seat, which replaces so-called super-business-class berths. “When you introduce that into the aeroplane, I really don’t think you need a first class.”
Unfortunately, no concept drawings of the cabin have been released yet. Qatar of course is a oneworld partner and redemption opportunities have been relatively good since they joined the alliance.
Related Etihad News:
- Etihad’s “The Residence” Now Available for Online Booking / Mash-Up Video by Bloomberg
- Meet the First Etihad A380 “The Residence” Passenger
- Etihad’s World’s First Flying Butlers part of “The Residence” Experiece – Amazing videos of the $21K each way private cabin
Related Emirates News:
- Emirates – “We Will Take Over the Trans-Atlantic Market” – Adding A380s on Most US Routes
- Is the A380 Production Era Over? No New Buyers in 2014!
- Inside an Emirates B777 Crew Rest Compartment…Pretty Pimp!
- t’s Official – Dubai overtakes Heathrow as World’s Busiest International Airport
- Emirates Drops FIFA Sponsorship, Qatar Waiting in the Wings?
Related Emirates Trip Reports:
- Trip Report Part 1 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Trip Report Part 2 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Emirates First Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
- Emirates First Class Lounge Concourse B – Dubai
- Emirates A380 Business Class – JFK-Dubai Trip Report
- Emirates Business Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class DXB- Malé (MLE) – DXB B777-200LR
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class DXB – Milan (MXP)
- Trip Report – Emirates Lounge Milan
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class MXP – JFK B777-300ER
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.