Becoming a flight attendant isn’t all about in-flight safety, water evacuations, and meal service training. Some airlines have truly unique required courses…like TAM’s jungle survival techniques. Courtesy of Jaunted‘s Five Extremely Unique Ways Airlines Train Their Flight Attendants:
TAM – If you’re ever stuck in a jungle and need shelter, food, and a reassuring word while waiting for help to arrive, you better hope you have a TAM flight attendant with you. Since TAM’s home country of Brazil is 60% covered by the Amazon, it’s a smart move to prepare for any eventuality. As such, the ladies and gentlemen of TAM must pass an Amazon survival portion to their training, and it’s a hands-on course conducted in the wilds behind TAM’s training center, complete with live flare practice (pictured) and instruction on using debris to build a makeshift lavatory.
Singapore – There’s many tales we can tell of the Singapore Girls. In addition to wine training, and special etiquette classes to learn cultural behavior nuances, the Singapore Girl will is offered a range of extracurriculars. There’s a club for almost every major sport including cycling and—so cool—dragon boat racing. Cooler still, Singapore Airlines has a trained martial arts club counting black belts among its members, and who mostly practice taekwondo.
Check out their full list here.
- Unbelievable Conditions – Truth Behind Working for Qatar Airways
- Emirates Crew – Truth of Being a Flight Attendant
- 12 Surprising Things a Flight Attendant Can’t Do for You
- Ew! Latest Passenger Shaming – Underwear, Nudity, and Mid-Flight Rides…plus Feet!
- 30 Pilots and Flight Attendants Confess their “Best Kept Flying Secrets”
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant: #1 – Attack of the Ambien Zombies
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant: #2 – More Nudity & Sleeping Pills
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant: #3 – The 15 Most Ridiculous Things People Say on a Plane
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #4 –11 Strangest Things People Ask for on a Plane
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #5 – What Happens in the Bathroom Doesn’t Stay in the Bathroom!
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #6 – 15 Flying Tips That’ll Keep You Sane this Summer
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #7 – Fecal Matter & Maxi Pads
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #8 – Wheelchair Gaming the System
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #9 – Peeing in Cups & Breastfeeding Cats
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #10 – Drunks on a Plane
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #11 – Tales From the Mile High Club
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #12 – Smells on a Plane
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #13 – The Worst People on the Plane
- Confessions of a Pilot #1: Debunking the Biggest Air Travel Myths
- Confessions of a Pilot #2: We Fly Blind!
- Confessions of a Pilot #3: Weirdo Pilots Edition – Smelly, Paranoid, and Narcoleptic…
- Confessions of a Concierge – Hotel Guests’ Craziest Requests
- Don’t Ask Flight Attendants these 10 Questions
- What Your Flight Attendant Really Thinks of You
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to a Flight Attendant
- 10 Signs You’re the Worst Person on Your Flight
- 16 Alarming Airline Secrets
- Nine Dirty Little Secrets of the Travel Industry
- 29 Things Your Pilot Won’t Tell You
- 7 Things Your Flight Attendant Wants You to Know
- What Do Flight Attendants Think of You…and your requests?
- The Unsurprising & Scary Confessions of a Regional Jet Pilot…sleeping in trailers at the airport
- How Much Do Singapore Airlines Flight Attendants Get Paid for Providing Great Service?
- Say What? Overheard on the Plane Edition 28 – Crazy Things Passengers Say to Flight Attendants
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.